Saving money within any startup is better than not saving money, so here are a few ideas and ways that you can save those pennies and cents within your business, both in the short term and long term.
- Compare and shop around. From stationery to your internet supplier, find the best deals around for your business and negotiate with existing suppliers or switch to new ones if you can save money both in the short term and long term.
- Reduce your phone bills. Try to negotiate a better package or deal for your office/work phones, your mobiles, your cell phones and so on.
- Use comparison websites and similar to help you save money and find the best deals.
- Think about relocating or maybe even downsizing, could relocating your office help you save money.
- Keep on top of your business finance – from invoices to statements, pay bills and anything else on time to save you costs and money further down the line such as charges etc.
- Try sharing resources. How about sharing your resources, your contacts and so on with other businesses Sharing resources can and will save you money.
- Why not share your workspace. You could try sharing your workspace with another business?
- Switch off all appliances and equipment that your not using. If you are not going to be using it within the next few minutes then turn it off at the plug. Turning off unused appliances can save your business money both in the short term and the long term.
- Cut down your transportation and travel costs. For example you could get a smaller car, car share and so on.
- Buy in bulk, buy items you know you will use in bulk, buying in bulk can help save you a few pennies and cents in the short term and much more in the long run.
- Review your bank and business finance. See if you are getting the best deal around, if not then why not change – Who knows you could well save more than just a few pennies or cents!
- Review, evaluate and monitor your suppliers. Are you getting the best deals around or are you being ripped off. Have a look and see if there are any cheaper suppliers out there who can offer you what you are getting now if not more!
I hope you have found this article both useful and helpful. Good luck with savins!